» » Goal setting when playing lottery

Cupin
(a geek)
Msg #1
17-03-2011 12:19 am

Do you have set any goal or target when playing lottery? I have set my goal every month. This will help me become successful player. I will set my main monthly goal to hit 2 top prize.

The basics of setting goals give me short-term and long-term motivation and focus. They help me set focus on the acquisition of required knowledge and help me to plan and organize my resources and my time so that I can get the best out of my life.

Careers are made by good time management practice. Failing in a career is often attributed to bad time management. Careers require a lot from an individual which often makes the career the life of the individual. Plan how far do you want to go into your career.

Education is key in achieving my goals. To make this come true, I have sacrifice my social life and personal time for myself just to study how this lottery game can be predicted. It not required some sort of degree or PHD to achieve this, but persistent and hard work.

Personal financial situations also play a major role in achieving my goals. Have a realistic goal on how much I really want to earn. I normally earn around rm2-3k per month just to supplement my income.

Do you want to success by playing lottery? Ask yourself. Do you able to sacrifice your social life time? Can you keep focus and motivate?

After all, attitude is the main thing to consider then. :)
jazz1011
(top contributor)
Msg #2
17-03-2011 11:37 am

It's good to see you back after a short hiatus, Cupin.

Like any lottery players, I too, set my own goals on what I want to do and what I want to achieve whenever I make my bets every week. I believe as regular punters, goal setting is utmost important because after all, what goes out from our hands when we arrive at the lottery outlet is nothing but ... our hard-earned Money.

I'm a firm believer that persistence and hard work are major qualities that one should undertake when it comes to playing lottery.

For me, as I'm not much of an analytical person, therefore I set my goals based mostly on how much I would want to spend each week or each month - rather than on focusing more on analyzing and prediction. So for me, it's 70% on betting output & 30% on analysis. But then, that's just me - and I believe that different people have their different ways on how to go about setting their goals and targets.

Sometimes, I do consider myself a bit lucky as due to my work commitments, I don't have the opportunity to buy the Wed draws. Due to this, I am able to save up a little bit more to splurge on the Saturday and Sunday draws :)

On the other hand, I'm not so lucky as to earn RM2-3K a month from lottery but I do win a few hundreds each month - which for me, is quite sufficient to supplement my monthly expenses for now.

Personally, I think MOTIVATION is much more important in this context. If one is not motivated, then you're only playing blindly with no objectives in mind. So why carry on if you have this attitude, right?

I remember one of my teachers told me this extremely great quote:

"Education and effort are a great combination. Education and ego instead of effort is worthless."
Cupin
(a geek)
Msg #3
20-03-2011 02:18 pm

Hi jazz1011,

I really busy last week. Honestly, that's a good strategy. You no need to play on every draw. Only play when you notice some good pattern but shoot at it. A hunter not waste his bullet just to shoot in a dark. They only shoot when they see the target clearly and shoot until the bullet finish. bam bam bam! hehehehe

I like the quote, thanks for sharing but I really like quote from Alexander Graham Bell. "Before anything else, preparation is the key to success."
You must be to reply. You can also for an account.