» » Damacai outlet map

Cupin
(a geek)
Msg #1
22-03-2011 09:25 am

Hi guys,

I just create this simple feature. This tool will help us to find the nearest damacai outlet. I hope you will find it useful when you are going for outstation :) For this time being, it only for damacai.

http://www.cupin.net/damacai_map.php
jazz1011
(top contributor)
Msg #2
22-03-2011 06:47 pm

This would certainly come in handy for me as I sometimes travel outstation for work purposes. Now, all I need is my laptop and Internet connection - rather than a physical map :)

Just hope it recognizes the keywords I type in.

Thanks a lot, bro.
Cupin
(a geek)
Msg #3
23-03-2011 12:15 am

Hi jazz1011,

Glad you like it. I'm spending some time to test it on all smart device including netbook, iphone, ipad, blackberry and android. Tested also on all browser firefox, chrome, safari, IE6, IE7, IE8 and IE9 the latest version.
jazz1011
(top contributor)
Msg #4
23-03-2011 09:50 pm

Hi Cupin,

I've been playing around with your tool since you launched it the other day. And I must say that when I tested it today, the search results have improved dramatically.

On the first day, it couldn't give me the outlets' location of Jalan Gasing and PJ State no matter how hard I tried to put in all sorts of keywords.

But today, the results just popped out on my first try :)

I've tried it on Firefox and IE8 so far, and it's working fine. Haven't had the chance to test it on the iPhone yet. I guess I'm a techie guy too :)

It's a really cool tool you've created here, bro!
Cupin
(a geek)
Msg #5
23-03-2011 10:19 pm

Hi jaz1011,

yeah I'm also experience the same. The result are really depends on google latitude and longitude database. Sometimes it give me different result from what I'm expecting but mostly it is 90% accurate. I hope it will improve by time goes on.
jazz1011
(top contributor)
Msg #6
23-03-2011 11:28 pm

Hi Cupin,

Since it all depends on Google's latitude and longitude's database, does it mean that the results will fluctuate daily?

Meaning, I might get the reading for Jalan Gasing's outlet today - but I may not be able to get the result tomorrow?

However, it is fun getting immersed into the world of the Internet.
Cupin
(a geek)
Msg #7
24-03-2011 11:51 pm

Hi jazz1011,

The result will not be fluctuate but sometimes my program will not return any real time data when google server is in busy period. I'm also seen some outlet are not in the correct spot. This maybe happen that google not update the latitude or longitude to current. They may use the data several years ago but basically this tool will give direction even not 100% accurate.
jazz1011
(top contributor)
Msg #8
25-03-2011 10:32 am

Thanks for your explanation, Cupin.

Now, I know why sometimes the results can be slightly "abnormal".

One thing that I fully agree with you is that some of the outlets are not in its accurate spot. But nevertheless, it still points us to the right area (in general).
ccseng
Msg #9
26-03-2011 10:55 am

If you want to find Damacai outlet, here you go
http://www.pmp.com.my/english/1_3d/dmc_outlets.asp
Cupin
(a geek)
Msg #10
26-03-2011 11:25 am

Hi ccseng,

Thanks for the link. There is where I got the damacai address and translate them to get latitude and longitude and manipulate the result using google map. As a online user and geo coding developer, I like to travel to some place that I haven't go before. This map will visualize the real display. What they display in their website is traditional map from 1970 and some of the image are broken. I'm just improve the display only to suite our life style now in 2011 :)
jazz1011
(top contributor)
Msg #11
26-03-2011 02:23 pm

Thanks for the extra info, ccseng.

However, I think their SEO and keyword strength is not good enough as it couldn't recognize even some of the easiest keywords I put in.

Nevertheless, it does serve as an extra tool for us to search for their outlets.
You must be to reply. You can also for an account.